Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Our Big Fat Greek Trip


This post is long overdue, but I have spent the last few weeks trying to finish my online classes. As of now, I am one test away from completing 7 of the 10 classes! This past week has been quite busy as I was determined to be done when my parents get here...which is tomorrow. Without further ado, here is a recap of our trip to Athens during Michael's Easter break.

To our surprise, Michael returned to school from a month long break in February to discover they were getting some time off for Easter, too. Well, we jumped at the opportunity to take a short trip to Greece, as it is one of the places Michael had not visited when he studied abroad in college. Therefore, it was a new experience for us both. Unknowingly, we arrived the day before a Greek National Holiday. The hotel staff explained that museums would be closed, but we didn't think that would really affect us since we wanted to visit the Acropolis and surrounding area. Boy, were we wrong! Don't worry, we still managed to enjoy ourselves. We took advantage of our time in the city to formulate a strategy for the next day when we could actually see everything.

When I first started compiling this picture collage, it didn't take long for me to realize I couldn't include each picture I wanted to. Looking at the 15+ pictures gave me a headache, and I decided not to subject anyone else to that. I chose a few of my favorites that would accurately depict our trip. Please take special notice of the restaurant and gyro pictures. These are important because that is where we ate dinner every night (and what I always ordered). The food was cheap and extremely good. What a perfect combination! We can also claim to have eaten a Greek salad in Greece. They are tasty as well. Even though this Easter didn't include hunting eggs with my niece, we definitely enjoyed our big fat Greek trip.

2 comments:

Nick and Leslie said...

I love the title! Thanks for the update. Remember when we went to Keifer's in Jackson, and I tried to get you to eat a gyro? I believe you opted for the salad, and wasnt the waiter rude to you about it? I'm glad to now love them, and I'm sure they are better in Greece!

Rebecca Kutz said...

Wow! Thanks for allowing me to experience a little bit of Greece :) I'm glad I can travel through you two!