Monday, May 5, 2008

A Day in the Life

Living in a different country has provided us with many "cultural" experiences. One of those is the lack of a dryer. Every time I do the laundry, I am more aware of how the simple luxuries from home can be taken for granted. You never know how much you inadvertently appreciate something until you don't have it anymore.


Who would have thought that doing laundry would require some type of plan? The timing of what gets washed when is important when you have no dryer. And, there is a limited amount of space, so doing it all in one day is out of the question. Maybe one day, I'll look back on this inconvenience and not think it's so bad, but for now, I'm just anxious to have a dryer. : )

My countdown is now under 7 weeks, and I am growing more and more excited as the days pass. Not to mention, between now and June 20th several exciting things are happening:

1. Going to Croatia this week to celebrate our anniversary
2. Lesley (friend from high school) coming to visit next weekend (just confirmed her last minute plans today!)
3. Jordan and Julie (college roommate and friend from high school, respectively) coming in 2 weeks--we're going to Italy and Spain.
4. Richard (younger brother) coming to visit June 2nd--we're traveling extensively for 2 weeks (Athens, Amsterdam, Berlin, Warsaw, Auschwitz, Prague, Vienna).

Whoa...it's going to be a whirlwind adventure, but I could not be happier to have some of my favorite people coming to spend time with us!

5 comments:

hunton53 said...

I still remember when Meleia and I got our 1st washer/dryer. After months of going to the laundry mat in Green Hills in the old Hills Shopping center, a new washer/dryer in our home was truly a life-changing experience.

erin f. said...

Angela - I love your blog! I am entrigued by all of your adventures and experiences...glad you are doing well. I don't blame you for wanting a dryer, that would be challenging!

Unknown said...

I could not even imagine washing the clothes without a dryer. We would most likely be walking around with wet clothes all day. I love hearing about all your destinations, that is so cool.

dw hicks said...

I'm impressed with the laundry. I'm sure you are much more appreciative of dryer sheets now, right? Enjoy your last 7 weeks...I'm sure they'll fly by.

Unknown said...

hey thats ME.. I will be on my way there in a week from tomorrow.. whoop whoop!