Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A First Time for Everything

Well, I'll be honest in saying that I didn't know Sunday was Mother's Day. I find this reality hard to believe, but I also claim living overseas has A LOT to do with it. Who knows, they might celebrate, but I haven't heard even as much as a peep about it. And, Michael and I were in Croatia until Monday night for our anniversary trip. The funny thing is, we talked to both of our moms and Michael's Granny while we were gone, but gave no formal "Happy Mother's Day!" to any of them. It's too early for us to call right now, but we'll take care of that later. :)

So, Mom, Mommeleia, and Granny, we're sorry, but we still love you, which is more important than anything. Thank you for being supportive, encouraging, and loving forces in our lives. Your belated Mother's Day presents will arrive on June 20th and 30th...when we come home for good!

Pictures from the beautiful and relaxing trip to Croatia will come later this week!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you. It's even more funny (well, now it is funny) because Ashley sent me this great Mother's Day email but Lipscomb's server wasn't letting emails from off campus through so I received her email this morning.

I was feeling pretty pitiful on Sunday although Andrew did text me and asked if I wanted to take HIM to lunch. Mike was at work all day until 4:30, so it was just me and Sophie.

Years ago when ya'll were all at home running around hollering and creating havoc (i.e. painting the basement with old car oil, killing frogs, or riding the dog house down the driveway) I would have thought a nice, quiet Mother's Day would have been a treat. Not so. I would have all of you back at any time.

So all of you, COME HOME!