Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A Quick Update

Richard and I are having a great time on our two week European adventure. We are half way through our itinerary, having visited Athens, Amsterdam, and Berlin. We've balanced our time well between enjoying ourselves and relaxing. Our motto (compliments of Richard) is, 'All we have is time.' Therefore, it's unnecessary to plan to far in advance or worry about what we will do. Since I like to know what lies ahead, this has been a little adjustment, but I really am having a good time. Maybe I'm turning over a new leaf myself...we shall see. But seriously, it has been such an easy and pleasant trip except for the fact that Richard's allergies have been bothering him. He's been a trooper regardless, and I am so glad we are able to experience these cities together. Even though I'm not the biggest sports fan by any means, we've really enjoyed our routine of watching the Euro 2008 matches each night. It's fun to be surrounded by such enthusiastic people, and, if we had been thinking, we would have tried to get tickets to a game since some are being played in Vienna. Oh well.

We head to Warsaw tomorrow followed by Auschwitz and Prague and then will be back in Vienna next Wednesday with one full day before heading back to the states. Speaking of which, I am excited, but I'm not allowed to express that excitement during this trip since no one likes a Debbie-Downer. It's hard to believe that this much anticipated end is finally approaching. I am so grateful for the opportunity Michael and I have enjoyed by moving to Vienna, and I know that appreciation will continue to grow in the future. Right now, I'm just ready to spend time with those I miss so much and the little one I haven't met yet. All in good time.

Michael's project is due Monday, so he is beyond busy at school. The timing of this trip with Richard has been perfect, since Michael probably has spent more time in studio than our house over the past week. I'm proud of how hard he works because let's just say that some of his classmates don't share his same work ethic. He's tolerated quite a bit, and I know he's ready to be home as well. Chris, a friend from school in Houston, is coming to visit the last week of June. Due to complications with air mile usage, Richard and I are leaving before Chris arrives, but I'm glad Michael will have someone to keep him company during that final week.

5 comments:

Meleia said...

Thanks for the update. I'm glad you and Richard are having fun. Take lot's of pictures. Also, buy stamps from those places if possible. I wish I had asked that earlier.

I'm starting to allow myself to get excited about the return of my family! 9 days for you and 17 for Michael and Ashley. Me, Andrew, Granny and Granddaddy, and Mike are counting down.

Nick and Leslie said...

I can't believe your time there is almost over (I guess that's easy for me to say though). I am afraid that I'm going to miss you while you in Nashville. We were just there last weekend, and we aren't planning on going back until mid-july for my cousin's wedding. What are the dates you will be there? I miss you, and I'm so thrilled you'll be home soon!

Unknown said...

Euro 08! How exciting. Wish I could have come over for the games. Would have made my life. Glad you're watching the games. Can't wait to see you!

The Whitfields said...

so glad you all are having fun, but come home soon!!! Callie is ready to meet aunt tah! hey...what do you think about the new and greatly improved rere??

Aja said...

Angela--
I just found your blog and it looks like you are having so much fun--so many adventures! I can definitely understand being ready to be home and see family/friends though!
Are you going to be in Houston at all when you get home! If so, hope to see you!
Take care,
Aja